At St Luke’s Church of England Primary School we aim to provide an ethos which is deeply Christian, whilst at the same time serving the common good within our community. We take the words from Ephesians 5.1: ’you must try to be like him. Your life must be controlled by love’ seriously and believe that all within our community should be able to flourish and achieve their full potential.
We realise this through the following areas:
High expectations, by all, for all, reflecting the example of Jesus
Through creating a physically and emotionally secure environment, we aim to develop children with active minds and bodies, an understanding of the world around them, compassion for others, and the courage and confidence to be themselves.
Our Aims and Objectives
As a church school, St. Luke’s seeks to provide an environment of love, Christian precept and example within which children may develop, acquire skills and learn to make informed judgements. It is our aim that during their time at St. Luke’s children should:
- develop lively, enquiring minds and appreciate that there is a joy in all forms of learning and discovery
- prepare for the society in which they will grow up, and develop an awareness of their own needs and those of others as well as the need for desirable social behaviour
- acquire skills of English, Mathematics and effective means of communication
- gain a respect and appreciation of religious and moral values and a tolerance of all races in accordance with the teachings of the Church of England
- acquire an understanding of the world in which they live, its historical and physical background and a knowledge of human achievements and aspirations
- gain an ability in physical, artistic and manipulative skills
- learn skills relevant to future adult life that will help them succeed in a fast-changing world
- acquire the skills necessary for lifelong learning
The school also aims to:
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils
- prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of secondary school education
- develop a parent-teacher partnership which supports the achievement of the school’s aims
- create a happy, secure and stimulating environment for the children
Click here for more information about our Character Virtues.
Click here for more information about how we promote British Values.