Free School Meals
Free school meals may be provided for your children if you are receiving any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- universal credit
Nursery aged children eligible for free school meals must be receiving education before and after lunch to be entitled to free school meals.
Additional information and the application process can be found here.
Universal Free School Meals for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2:
This Government initiative provides a free school lunch for all children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 classes.